We randomly stumbled across 5EB on Soundcloud a couple of weeks ago – but we’re so glad we did! We immediately added his latest track, 5UNNY (feat. Dreadz), to our Spotify playlist.
But who is 5EB? We decided it was time to find out by asking him ten quick-fire questions…
How old are you?
- 16 years old
Where are you from?
- North London
What are three things you love?
- Curly hair on girls, a clean outfit, a good atmosphere
What are three things you hate?
- Fake people, negativity, straight up bragging
If you weren’t doing music, what would you be doing instead?
- Nothing – which is sad – but this is the only thing I love, really. There’s no feeling quite like finishing a song and bumping it for the first time. Maybe when I’m older, music business? But nah… I’m a rapper!
How would you describe your music in one word?
Who makes up your team?
- @faarino (my right hand), Archie Erskine (director/editor), OddChild Music (making sure I don’t sign stuff I shouldn’t), Raf Riley (producer), Toby Clifford (producer), and all my brothers. It wouldn’t be the same without the energy my people bring.
Which other UK artists (from outside your team) do you rate?
- House of Pharaohs, Ammi Boyz, Yung Fume, Lancey Foux, Octavian, D-Block Europe, to name a few.
Who is your favourite artist of all time?
- I could never answer that. Too many people come to mind. I listen to way too much music to narrow it down.
What’s been the highlight of your music career so far?
- There have been loads of cool firsts recently. My name’s been thrown into conversations amongst huge artists. But being randomly stopped in Central London by someone who fucks with your music… When that happened, it was special.
And here’s the video to “5UNNY (feat. Dreadz) which is smashing it on GRM Daily with almost 20,000 views in just two weeks! Having literally just turned 16 a few days ago, we’re predicting very big things for 5EB.